The Ultra Low Flow system is a complete engineered solution which includes pumps, valves, discharge nozzles, pipes and fittings, all designed to function as one dedicated fire suppression solution.
AquaMist ULF solution consists of:
- A pump skid unit
- Electrical control equipment
- Discharge nozzles which are located around the protected area: AM4, AM24, AM27, AM29, AM30
- G-PRESS piping system
- Optional FASTFLEX flexible hoses
- Design & technical services
- The LF system is suitable for a variety of applications, for example machinery protection, heritage buildings and industrial fryers (also known as oil cookers)
How it works
The system operates at working pressures of 7 to 16 bar, producing droplets of water through an engineered discharge nozzle, with different nozzle types for different protected hazards.
The fine mist generated following operation is designed to limit fire growth at an early stage, before the fire can fully develop. The benefits gained include up to a fivefold reduction in the water required, without any detrimental effect on fire fighting capability.
Benefits can be found through lower water demands, translating into lower pressure loses, smaller diameter pipes and lower installation costs when compared to traditional sprinkler systems. As the system uses only water, it produces no adverse environmental impact.